Indy Veg Recipes
We are lucky with the voluminous choices we, as vegans and vegetarians, have at the supermarket. Even if you don’t often cook from scratch, it is still easier than ever to maintain a meat-free diet!
Egg alternatives are surprisingly numerous. Many can be found on the internet, but we’ll list a few:
- Powdered ‘Egg Replacer’ can be found in any health food store
- 1 heaping tbsp soy flour or cornstarch with 3 tbsp water = 1 egg
- 1 ounce of mashed tofu = 1 egg
- 1/2 mashed banana = 1 egg
Other binding ingredients include tomato paste, mashed potato, moist bread crumbs, or rolled oats.
Not lacking in meat alternatives, vegans and vegetarians have many choices. Choices include meat-free
- Hot dogs, bratwurst, sausages
- Veggie burgers of all flavors
- Deli slices- turkey flavor, bologna, etc
- Textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- Seitan-wheat gluten