What is a vegetarian?
The definition of a vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat, fowl, or fish.
What is a vegan?
The definition of a vegan is someone who does not eat animal products, including meat, fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy products.
A vegan lifestyle is one in which a person tries to abstain from any animal products, such as leather, fur, wool, down, etc.
We understand that there are numerous reasons and causes that lead to vegetarianism/ veganism, and we are open to all points of view. Regardless of the reason there are many health benefits to choosing a meat-free diet. Vegetarians often have
- Much lower cholesterol levels and heart disease is less common
- Lower blood pressure than non-vegetarians
- Lower blood glucose levels
- Cancer deaths of 1/2 to 3/4 of those in the general population
- Less tendency to form kidney stones or gall stones
- Less frequency of osteoporosis
On top of these tidbits, it should be noted that choosing a vegan diet is considered the healthiest choice as a vegan diet is *cholesterol-free*.